Neigborhood Sears store opens on Alpine Ave. | Business
A new Sears Hometown Store has opened on Alpine Ave in a strip mall in the front of the Art Van parking lot. The franchised operation is owned by Bruce Hawley and is partner Mike Vanderhyde who also owns a Hometown store in Ionia and previously owned one in Big Rapids.
Sears Hometown Stores are a franchised store that is usually placed away from mall stores and are predominately in rural settings. The smaller store typically stocks TVs, Appliances, Craftsman tools and lawn and garden equipment. Anything not in the store can be ordered through a kiosk at the store.
The store also serves a a service center for products by Sears.
The store should be a welcome sight for folks in the northern communities of Rockford, Sparta and Cedar Springs. It will eliminate a trip to either Woodland or Rivertown Crossings mall.
The eight thousand square foot store is open Monday-Friday 9am to 7pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm and Sunday 11am to 4pm.
The store is located at 4255 Alpine Ave NW.
Upcoming Events near Comstock Park - Alpine Township
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Voters to decide three school district millages in May
- Driver runs off road, dies in Plainfield Twp. crash
- My Town Plainfield: Hyser River Museum prepares to reopen for the season
- My Town: Grand Rapids Catholic Central searching for new coach
- My Town: Plainfield Township prepares for potential spring flooding
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign
- My Town Walker: Invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town Walker: Students to duct tape principal to a pole
- My Town Walker: Paws, Claws & Corks fundraiser surpasses HSWM's goal