Woman arrested for theft of Griffin's prized puck | News
COMSTOCK PARK, Mich. (WZZM)- A Muskegon Heights woman is in custody for allegedly organizing a scheme to steal and auction off a Griffins player's prized puck.
Amy Lynn Jones, 31, is charged with conducting a criminal enterprise, breaking and entering a building and receiving and concealing stolen property. Detectives believe she and other former employees of Evergreen Storage stole valuables from several storage units in the facility last year. Among those items was a hockey puck owned by Griffins player Gustav Nyquist. The puck was from the first goal he made while playing with the Detroit Red Wings.
Investigators believe the stolen items were sold at an unauthorized auction held by the suspects on October 3, 2012. Detectives recovered Nyquist's puck and returned it to him.
Anyone with further information in this case is asked to call the Kent County Sheriff's Department at (616) 632-6100 or Silent Observer at (616) 774-2345.
Upcoming Events near Comstock Park - Alpine Township
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Walker: Blandford Nature Center member appreciation day July 26
- My Town Walker: Salon opens in Green Ridge Square Shopping Center
- My Town: Construction company donates talents to West Michigan's homeless
- My Town: Free adoption weekend a success for Humane Society of West Michigan
- Kenowa Hills music booster accused of stealing $100K