Liquor license pulled for Gippers Sports Bar and Grill | News
KENT COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM)- A Kent County restaurant where a guest was recently shot, is losing its liquor license. The Michigan Liquor Control Commission this week pulled the liquor license and dancing permit for Gippers Sports Bar and Grill.
The commission suspended the liquor license last month after confusion over who owned the business.
The commission began its investigation after complaints about several violent incidents at the bar. Since July, Kent County deputies say at least three shootings have reportedly happened at or near the Alpine Ave. bar.
Upcoming Events near Comstock Park
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Walker: Humane Society of West Michigan up for $100K adoption challenge
- Police close U.S. 131 ramp due to car fire
- My Town Walker: Public to weigh in on daycare proposal March 5
- My Town Walker: IHOP to serve up free pancakes March 4
- My Town Walker: Public hearing March 5 for daycare center project