Liquor license pulled for Gippers Sports Bar and Grill | News
KENT COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM)- A Kent County restaurant where a guest was recently shot, is losing its liquor license. The Michigan Liquor Control Commission this week pulled the liquor license and dancing permit for Gippers Sports Bar and Grill.
The commission suspended the liquor license last month after confusion over who owned the business.
The commission began its investigation after complaints about several violent incidents at the bar. Since July, Kent County deputies say at least three shootings have reportedly happened at or near the Alpine Ave. bar.
Upcoming Events near Comstock Park - Alpine Township
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Highlands Middle School to host boater safety classes
- My Town Northview: Proposed millage renewal information session April 22
- My Town: Voters to decide three school district millages in May
- Driver runs off road, dies in Plainfield Twp. crash
- My Town Plainfield: Hyser River Museum prepares to reopen for the season
- My Town Walker: Students duct tape principal and gym teacher to a pole
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign
- My Town Walker: Invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town Walker: Students to duct tape principal to a pole