Liquor license pulled for Gippers Sports Bar and Grill | News
KENT COUNTY, Mich. (WZZM)- A Kent County restaurant where a guest was recently shot, is losing its liquor license. The Michigan Liquor Control Commission this week pulled the liquor license and dancing permit for Gippers Sports Bar and Grill.
The commission suspended the liquor license last month after confusion over who owned the business.
The commission began its investigation after complaints about several violent incidents at the bar. Since July, Kent County deputies say at least three shootings have reportedly happened at or near the Alpine Ave. bar.
Upcoming Events near Comstock Park - Alpine Township
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Board to address ballpark water upgrade proposal following fire
- My Town: Date set for Art Van Sports Complex grand opening
- Burglars lock up after stealing cigarettes
- 2 hospitalized following 131 crash near Post Drive
- Sun Title Launches EZ-Read Title CommitmentTM for Property Owners, Realtors® and Lenders