Donate a glove, get free stuff | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM)- For the 17th year in a row, the West Michigan Whitecaps are counting on fans to help every kid get a chance to play baseball or softball.
The Whitecaps' "Give-A-Glove" campaign began on Wednesday and runs through May 30th. The team is asking for donations of new or gently used gloves to benefit kids in the Inner City Youth Baseball/Softball program.
Gloves can be dropped off at Kent and Ottawa County Fifth Third Bank branches, greater Grand Rapids YMCA's, and Fifth-Third Ballpark.
In exchange for a glove, those who donate will receive four Whitecaps tickets, a combo-meal from Wendy's, and a family guest pass to a Grand Rapids area YMCA. The Whitecaps say that's a $70 value.
The team says its campaign goal is 500 gloves this year.
Upcoming Events near Comstock Park - Alpine Township
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Store employee opens fire on gunmen, one believed to have been wounded.
- My Town: University of Tennessee names Northview alum new coach
- My Town: Blythefield Country Club to detail plans for LPGA tournament
- My Town: Highlands Middle School to host boater safety classes
- My Town Northview: Proposed millage renewal information session April 22
- Celebrating Earth Week at the Grand Rapids Public Library
- Data breach affects millions at Michaels stores
- My Town Walker: Students duct tape principal and gym teacher to a pole
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign