Whitecaps mark 20th season in West Michigan | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) The West Michigan Whitecaps will open their 20th season of baseball on April 4th when they host the Dayton Dragons.
In the past two decades, the team has captured five Midwest League championships and last season the Whitecaps saw its 100th former player reach the major leagues.
The team will mark its milestone season all summer long with various promotions.
The Whitecaps' first-ever home game was broadcast live on WZZM 13 on April 12, 1994. WZZM sports director Tom Clyde has a look back in the video posted above.
Upcoming Events near Comstock Park - Alpine Township
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Plainfield Township: Farmer's Market to return with extended hours
- Store employee opens fire on gunmen, one believed to have been wounded.
- My Town: University of Tennessee names Northview alum new coach
- My Town: Blythefield Country Club to detail plans for LPGA tournament
- My Town: Highlands Middle School to host boater safety classes
- Celebrating Earth Week at the Grand Rapids Public Library
- Data breach affects millions at Michaels stores
- My Town Walker: Students duct tape principal and gym teacher to a pole
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign