Winter Beer Festival draws record crowd | News
COMSTOCK PARK, Mich. (WZZM) - It wasn't baseball but beer that people celebrated at Fifth Third Ballpark Saturday.
Up to 6,000 people were expected to take part in the 8th annual Winter Beer Festival. The event featured a staggering 625 different brews.
"Tickets sold out much quicker even though there were more [tickets available]," said Scott Graham, who is the Michigan Brewers Guild's executive director. "We certainly have a record crowd and everybody's having a good time."
A few of the 74 Michigan breweries featured in this year's festival made the long trip from the upper peninsula.
"We're looking to grow and wanted to get a vibe of what the downstate market was like and how they would be receptive to us," said David Manson, who works for a Marquette brewery.
Revenue from festivals like this help cover operation costs for the Michigan's Brewers Guild.
Upcoming Events near Comstock Park - Alpine Township
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Northview: Proposed millage renewal information session April 22
- My Town: Voters to decide three school district millages in May
- Driver runs off road, dies in Plainfield Twp. crash
- My Town Plainfield: Hyser River Museum prepares to reopen for the season
- My Town: Grand Rapids Catholic Central searching for new coach
- My Town Walker: Students duct tape principal and gym teacher to a pole
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign
- My Town Walker: Invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town Walker: Students to duct tape principal to a pole