Congressman Bill Huizenga Statement About Unemployment | Politics
Huizenga Statement On Latest Unemployment Report
Washington, DC – Congressman Bill Huizenga (MI-02) released the following statement on the national unemployment report for January:
"It's time for the Administration to change its approach to the economy. The unemployment rate is higher today than when the President first took office in 2009. President Obama has had four years to implement his stimulus driven approach and it simply has not worked. At the current rate, it will take until 2025 to get back to pre-recession employment levels. With over 12 million Americans still looking for work, we have to do better. We cannot afford to allow this type of 'stagnation plus' to take hold. My colleagues and I in the House are ready to work with President Obama if he chooses to change course and promote a pro-growth economic agenda that centers on empowering private sector job creators through regulatory reform and comprehensive tax reform."
Upcoming Events near Comstock Park - Alpine Township
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town Plainfield Township: Farmer's Market to return with extended hours
- Store employee opens fire on gunmen, one believed to have been wounded.
- My Town: University of Tennessee names Northview alum new coach
- My Town: Blythefield Country Club to detail plans for LPGA tournament
- My Town: Highlands Middle School to host boater safety classes
- Celebrating Earth Week at the Grand Rapids Public Library
- Data breach affects millions at Michaels stores
- My Town Walker: Students duct tape principal and gym teacher to a pole
- My Town Walker: Volunteers needed for invasive plant culling April 12
- My Town: Blandford Nature Center joins Garlic Mustard Pull campaign